Monday, April 7, 2014

Benson's Eye Doctor Appointment

Ever since Benson was really little, we've noticed he has a little bit of a lazy eye. This was probably due to the oxygen he had when he was first born. We took him to the Eye Doctor awhile back and we were told to come in once he was a little older. 

Sam took Benson to Idaho Falls earlier today so they could dilate his eyes and hopefully rule out some possible problems such as Retinal Blastoma. Luckily they didn't find anything major and told us to come back once he was old enough where he could wear a patch and keep it on. We will try this method later to see if it corrects it, otherwise we will need to do surgery in Utah at Primary Children's. 

This was the first time Max and Benson have really been a part for an extended period of time other than a lapse during a nap or something. I went downstairs to check on Max and found him completely lost without Benson. He wasn't even the same child. My wild, energetic, happy Max was... well see for yourself.
Just staring, not even reading
Later I found him in a corner sucking his fingers.

Totally not like him. I gave him extra one-on-one time and realized (even though sad) this was probably a good thing to give them each some of their own time with Mom and Dad. I think we might need to do more of this so they aren't lost if they end up being without the other.